The CV Workshop 履歷工作坊
Professional CV & Resume Writer / Coach who is a member of the NRWA.
"Having a powerful CV or Résumé is an investment in your career's future and earning power."
Feedback: CV Writer / Coach & CV Clients
Our CV preparation service is both interactive and collaborative.
Some clients' testimonials: "Lynda crafts CV from her heart. She helps me uncover my value and creates an authentic branding for me. Because she offers so much extra value and insight during the personal consultation time, I started to look at my work experience from a different (and more positive) perspective." -- HK
[Providing top quality service is how we differentiate ourselves ... some CVs have many hours of quality time invested without us asking for more than what was stipulated on our fees schedule - but some of our very kind clients offered to pay us more anyway.]
"Apart from the excellent CV writing service, Lynda also provided invaluable advice to me during or even after the consultancy period. She is passionate about helping people, encouraging people to re-discover their value and guide them on the right track. I am an to-be-undergraduate from HKU without any working experience, and Lynda's service is great help to me." -- HK Student, 10 Oct, 2010
[ Providing guidance to those about to enter the work force is great privilege for us. It is a gift that continues to give. ]
OTHER FEEDBACK WE GET FROM CLIENTS:
- "Last thing but not the least, I really want to thank you for a great job you have done and I am very happy with what you have created for me. Actually I now start to feel that I indeed have accomplished a lot on my job, thanks to you. Hope we can work together again." -- HK, Senior Executive, November 2011
- "Just a quick note to let you know that I have been offered an opportunity from a company and will begin work next week. I am very grateful to have you assist in working on my CV and it has surely been a great learning process throughout my job search. Thank you so much for your help Lynda." -- HK, October 2010 [ Many of our clients are very talented but their CVs are not reflecting their value to the recruiters. It is our forte to help each individual client uncover his/her potentials and strengths and market that clearly in the CV. It is a win-win situation for both employees and employers. ]
- "Thank you so much doing the extra work on my CV. I appreciated all your help." -- HK, October 2010.
- "I like the resume very much! Thank you." -- HK Student, September 2010.
- "Thank you so much for your great efforts. And the work is brilliant, expecially the summary of the CV. And I am perfectly happy with the cover letter, it's really excellent!" -- HK, September 2010.
- "Thanks for your effort in amending my CV. I am exceptionally impressed with the short and concise summaries you provided for me. It seems like I've rediscovered myself again when I looked at the whole re-worked CV. Very nice!" -- HK, September 2010.
- Thank you so much for sharing your professional advice with me yesterday and I really learnt a lot in an hour." HK, September 2010.
- "I love your design of my cover letter! If it was written by myself, I would never be that confident to promote "me". Also thank you so much for your great assistance on my CV." -- HK, August 2010.
- "My sincere thanks for your help and great work on reviewing my CV. Your work has definitely added value to my application." -- HK Overseas Client, August 2010
- "Thank you very much for your big efforts." --HK, Jul. 2010
- "Thanks for your follow up – I am very pleased with the final product. It is extremely clear. Clearer than anything I could put together myself and the logical flow is 100 times better." --HK Expatriate, Jun. 2010
- "A very nice edit of my document... it looks much better and reads more clearly as well... MANY THANKS!" -- HK Expatriate, May 2010
- "Thank you very much for your help. The new format definitely makes a difference!" -- PhD Graduate, April 2010
- "So amazing to have the final version of your great work ... " -- HK Expatriate, March 2010
- "I am thankful for Lynda's help in writing a real CV. She is very committed in guiding me to write a persuasive CV with comprehensive follow up in the entire service. I will go back to get her help if necesary." -- HK Undergraduate Student, Dec. 2009
[All our clients possess unique strengths. We help them to identify these areas of strengths and how to strategically use them in the CV.]
- "Just want to say thx again for the CV service and the copies that I received. A very professional service and worth every dime...." --HK Expatriate, Feb. 2009
[Providing top quality service is our hallmark.]
- "Lynda, I now have secured another job and I'm sure that your help with my CV played an important part in that. Thank You." --HK Expatriate, Jan. 2009
- "Dear Lynda, I'm thankful for the excellent and first class CV that you managed to produce in such a short period of time. I truly appreciate your work." -- HK Expatriate, Nov. 2008
[We work very hard to deliver to our clients only the very best and within their time frame so that they can take advantage of opportunies that come their way.]
- "I'm so glad to use your service. Now I know what a professional CV should look like." -- Overseas
[We love getting students' clients who are looking for their dream internship positions as helping them get the CV right the first time will go a long way when they start work and need to update those CVs.]
- "It's really difficult to find a CV writing service like yours in HK." -- HK
[ In our opinion resume writing or CV writing service is a very time intensive devotion and a good CV writer must possess many skills. ]
- "The interview went well and I am confident that I will get the offer, thanks." -- HK
[We are always delighted to hear of clients' successes.]
- "I am very much delighted to receive my CV. I have looked through and I have got no problems with it. Thank you very much." -- HK Expatriate
- "The CV you designed for me is really a very professional one. Much better than the one I wrote myself!" -- HK Expatriate
[This is a common remark we get all the time, and we are equally happy to receive such a compliment. All our clients are pleased with the quality of their revamped CV.]
- "As for my job front, I am waiting for couple of them for final call. During this period of searching, I am getting clear of what I really like and what are not my interest. Thanks for being part of the beginning of my job searching. It was a great help. That's why I had been talking about you to many friends." -- HK
[The feedback we received from clients are remarkable. They were all very appreciative of our work.]
- "I am going to have an interview with *****, and the other one is with *****. Yes! (Of course, with the big thank you, Lynda)." -- HK
[When one's competencies, strengths and interest is in line with the requirements of the recruiting company and the CV is well-presented, the chance of landing with interviews is greatly enhanced.]
- "It was assuring talking with somebody who had intention to know me as a person, especially in the period of career change." -- HK
[Our clients' all prefer a one-to-one face-to-face interaction. While telephone conversations are convenient, clients feel more reassured when they are able to interact with a 'real person'. We meet all our clients at least twice.]
- "I really appreciate your work! I am working on additional material for you as clarification." -- HK
[We do not just write or follow the old CV blindly. We ask for clarifications and additional materials to make sure of the accuracy, and 'up-to-date' relevancy in which to present our client's strengths.]
- "Thank you for your beautiful work ... I felt like I am ready for an interview after I finished this. This is a great work-out for me. It is not only writing bio/resume/CV. I suddenly found out that I had so much to offer. Of course, now is about focusing on exploring an environment in which I can use those strengths." -- HK
[Some candidates had unconsciously and selectively chosen to represent only certain of their strengths because they have good experiences with those jobs before. In asking questions and exploring possibilities, we sometimes discover that these candidates have many skills, knowledge and strengths that were under represented. The realization that they have more to offer gives them more choice in job selection and also more confidence in their job search.]
Months later: "Just wanna say Big Thank You for the CV work you have done with me and for me. I signed the contract with a UK company ____, Asia Pacific last Friday and will start work on Monday! .... I am very very happy."
- You are WONDERFULLLLL! Thanks ... You have done an absolute AMAZING job. I was especially impressed with what you wrote. Thanks so much." -- HK
[Many candidates can express themselves fluently in their own native language but stumble for the appropriate words in English if the language is not their mother tongue. Also, we show our clients how best to present their cover letters so that it is clear and easy to follow from the recruiters' point of view. It is a pity if good candidates never get selected because they cannot write well.]
- "I enjoyed working with professionals like yourself and am very pleased with the outcome. Thank you very much for your support during the last week." -- HK Expatriate
[All of our clients enjoyed working with us because our service gave them ample opportunities to express and clarify themselves so that the CV / Resume represents a true image of who they are in terms of strengths, relevancy and accuracy. The collaborative effort always pays off because the client knows he / she owns the subject matter. We always ask & clarify if they feel comfortable with what was written, sentence by sentence, and if not, to make changes until the whole document is 'them'.]
- "You could have charged more for the service! I mean the fees are really good value for the service I am receiving." -- HK
[We set our fees based on the principle that our clients should not feel unduly burdened. Usually those who need the service most may not be the ones who could afford it if the fees are way too high.]
- "I have spread words about your wonderful service." -- HK
[We thank our clients for all their referrals, it helps keep our running cost low so that we can pass on the savings back to them.]